Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sarah and Chris go to Tennessee



Chris and I just returned from Tennessee from a visit with his parents. The trip to Tennessee was a bit of hard, but the joy of seeing Martha and Joe took over. Chris and I--well mostly Chris--did lots of work around the house. I know it is hard being so far away from his parents. He quite the landscaper and carpenter. We got to spend some alone time... we went to Downtown Chattanooga to our FAVORITE PLACE...The Big River Brewery and Grill...they were out of our favorite beer there, Sweet Magnolia Brown. (Maggie is named for this beer--perfect for her) But we found other things and still love the place. We were able to walk down to the Tennessee River. The minor league team, the Lookouts, were just finishing a game so we had fireworks...it really was a perfectly ROMANTICAL evening!
We also spent an afternoon friving up the Ocoee River, watching the rafters and kayakers. So fun to watch...not sure about actually getting out there and doing it, though. We drove up to Chilhowee National Park--up being UP A MOUNTAIN. There is a neat lake on top...and we made a good effort to walk to some waterfall...effort only because we had no water, and I was wearing my site-seeing by car only flip-flops...
Still had a great time....it is great to see Chris's face light up when he is in his "stomping ground." And it really is good for him to get to see his parents. You I have always heard "Watch how a man treats his mother!" I know that I am in very good hands! I LOVE YOU MY CHRISTOPHER!!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I am LMAO!!! I appreciate my little comments and I do agree that we DO need to get together! Seriously! And I think Jay and Chris would like each other too..! Although, I don't know that I can bring Jay to your home because it will either make him REALLY sad because he has wanted a place downtown for a while. OR make him get the fever again!! So... I don't know! haha!!

But, anyway - what kind of work schedule do you have?? Mine is currently LOTS of week nights! I am still in Jackson, but will probably be looking for elsewhere come Sept 20. Looking at NOLA or the Coast... I have actually looked at Florida, also. So, we'll see.. I cannot get too far with Tyler's Senior year, he is playing football....(i am not happy...) and then baseball! So, I must be nearby for all of that! Can you believe he is graduating???????

Anyway - this is supposed to be a comment, not a letter!! LOVE YOU!!